- The ringlike, cup-shaped, or tubular framework of a flower by which the sepals, petals, and stamens tend to be borne, like in the flowers associated with rose or cherry.
- The bowl-shaped section of a flower upon which the sepals, petals, and stamens tend to be borne
- A fruit consisting in huge part of a receptacle, enlarged underneath the calyx, as in the Calycanthus, the rose hip, therefore the pear.
- In botany, an enlargement or other improvement the torus underneath the calyx. Gray.
- the cuplike or ringlike or tubular structure of a flower which holds the sepals and stamens and calyx (as with Rosaceae)
Sentence for "hypanthium"
- The magnificent trumpet that thrusts out…
Hypernym for "hypanthium"
Variant for "hypanthium"
Agriculture Dictionary for "hypanthium"