- The branch of hydrostatics coping with the measurement of specific-gravity using hydrometers
- The art of identifying the precise gravity of fluids, and thence the potency of spirituous liquors, saline solutions, etc.
- The art or operation of calculating the velocity or discharge of running liquid, as with streams, etc.
- The art or operation of determining by means of hydrometers the particular gravity, density, velocity, etc., of fluids.
- the measurement of specific gravity
Sentence for "hydrometry"
- The great breadth and the shallows…
Hypernym for "hydrometry"