- any one of numerous characteristically colonial hydrozoan coelenterates having a polyp instead of a medusoid form whilst the principal stage for the life period.
- The asexual polyp in the life cycle of a hydrozoan.
- Any of many colonial coelenterates that you can get primarily as a polyp; a hydrozoan
- among the Hydroidea.
- A hydropolyp.
- colonial coelenterates having the polyp phase dominant
- Of, concerning, or feature of a hydroid.
- Of or related to such animals
- Pertaining to, or resembling, the hydra; of or regarding the Hydroidea.
- Like water; residing in the water.
- Resembling the hydra, or an animal associated with genus Hydra.
- regarding the Hydroida or Hydroidea, or having their characters: because, a hydroid hydrozoan.
Sentence for "hydroid"
- This gigantic creature grows from the…
Hyponym for "hydroid"
Hypernym for "hydroid"
Cross Reference for "hydroid"