- The positively charged ion of hydrogen, H+, created by elimination of the electron from atomic hydrogen and discovered throughout aqueous solutions of acids.
- utilized apart from as an idiom: see hydrogen, ion. ; H- or H+
- a proton coupled with one or more water particles; often written H3O+ and labeled as the hydronium ion though is better thought to be H9O4+ but is often written H+(aq) for simplicity
- a bare hydrogen nucleus; a proton , deuteron or triton
- a positively charged atom of hydrogen; frankly, a normal hydrogen atomic nucleus
Hypernym for "hydrogen ion"
Cross Reference for "hydrogen ion"