- A winglike framework connected to the hull of a boat that increases all or area of the hull out from the liquid as soon as the ship is dancing, therefore reducing drag.
- A boat equipped with hydrofoils. Also known as hydroplane.
- A wing attached to the hull of a ship that raises it regarding the liquid when going at speed and so decreases drag.
- A vessel equipped with such a tool.
- a speedboat that is loaded with winglike structures that raise it so that it skims the water at large rates
- a tool composed of a-flat or curved piece (as a metal plate) so that its area reacts towards the liquid its driving through
Sentence for "hydrofoil"
- However, by that time everybody had…
Hypernym for "hydrofoil"
Same Context for "hydrofoil"
Sports Dictionary for "hydrofoil"