- A poisonous white alkaloid, C21H21NO6, acquired from base of the goldenseal and previously made use of locally to deal with irritation of mucous membranes.
- an all natural alkaloid contained in goldenseal.
- An alkaloid, found in the rootstock regarding the golden seal (Hydrastis Canadensis), and extracted as a bitter, white, crystalline compound. It's utilized as a tonic and febrifuge.
- An alkaloid found in the reason behind goldenscal, Hydrastis Canadensis. It really is crystalline, odorless, and, because of its insolubility, almost tasteless. Also hydrastia.
- A medicine used by eclectic doctors, which is an assortment of hydrastine, berberine, and resin. It isn't is confounded utilizing the alkaloid hydrastine.