- Causing a discharge of water; expelling serum effused into any an element of the human anatomy, as in dropsy.
- Causing a discharge of water; expelling serum effused into any area of the human anatomy, such as dropsy.
- Any medication of the kind, frequently a cathartic or diuretic.
- In medication: an energetic purgative, as jalap, which produces a great flux from intestinal membrane, and consequently provides rise to really watery stools.
- A remedy believed to be capable of attracting off serum effused into any an element of the body, as a cathartic of this preceding class or a diuretic.
Sentence for "hydragogue"
- These five pills given at once…
- View More