Definition for "husband"
- a person joined to a woman in-marriage; a…
Sentence for "husband"
Quotes for "husband"
- "I don't know what makes a…"
Synonym for "husband"
Antonym for "husband"
Verb Forms for "husband"
Phrases for "husband"
Hypernym for "husband"
Cross Reference for "husband"
Form for "husband"
Same Context for "husband"
Urban Dictionary for "husband"
- a person joined to a woman in-marriage; a male partner.
- Chiefly British A manager or steward, as of children.
- Archaic A prudent, thrifty supervisor.
- The master of a residence; the top of a household; a householder.
- A tiller of this surface; a husbandman.
- A prudent or frugal supervisor.
- a guy in a married relationship or marital commitment, particularly in relation to their spouse.
- A manager of property; one who has got the proper care of another's possessions, owndom, or interests; a steward; an economist.
- Large support with arms supposed to help people in the sitting position.
- A polled tree; a pollard.
- a man head of children; one who orders the economy of a family group.
- A cultivator; a tiller; a husbandman.
- person who manages or directs with prudence and economic climate; a frugal person; an economist.
- A married guy; a man who may have a wife; -- the correlative to spouse.
- The male of a set of creatures.
- The master of a residence; the head of a family group; a householder.
- a guy joined up with in marriage to a female, just who holds the correlative name of spouse.
- A tiller of the ground; a husbandman.
- A manager of residential property; one who has the proper care of another's things or passions; a steward; an economist.
- A polled tree; a pollard: so-called in entertaining allusion towards old-fashioned bald head of husbands with energetic spouses.
- a married man; a lady's companion in-marriage
- to make use of sparingly or economically; preserve: spouse a person's power.
- Archaic to get a husband for.
- To direct and manage with frugality; to make use of or use to good function while the most useful advantage; to blow, apply, or use, with economic climate.
- to create, as land; to till.
- To provide with a husband.
- to control or provide carefully and frugally; used to the most effective benefit; economise.
- To conserve.
- To till; cultivate; farm; nurture.
- to produce with a husband.
- To engage or become a husband to; assume the proper care of or responsibility for; accept together's own.
- usage cautiously and frugally
- to handle or administer carefully and frugally; use to the best advantage; economize: as, to husband one's sources.
- To till, as land; cultivate; farm.
- to present with a husband.
- to activate or behave as a husband to; figuratively, to assume the proper care of or duty for; accept as one's very own.