- To just take refuge; to get ready yourself for some eventuality; to focus on a task.
- To stubbornly hold to a position.
- to crouch or squat; to stay on one's haunches.
- to stay in at a spot for a long period; -- also (figuratively) to maintain a situation and resist producing to some pressure, as of public-opinion.
- to just take shelter, actually or figuratively; to believe a defensive place to resist troubles.
- simply take protection
- hold stubbornly to a posture
- sit on one's pumps
Sentence for "hunker down"
Quotes for "hunker down"
- "It was not a religion that…"
Urban Dictionary for "hunker down"