- The angular length, sized westward across the celestial equator, between the celestial meridian associated with the observer plus the hour-circle passing through a celestial body.
- the angle between the hour circle passing through a given body, and the meridian of a place.
- the angular distance along the celestial equator from the observer's meridian into the hour circle of a given celestial human body
- (astronomy) the angular length of a celestial point assessed westward along the celestial equator from zenith crossing; the proper ascension for an observer at a specific location and time
Astronomy Dictionary for "hour angle"
- the telescope based coordinate specifying the…