- Tylosurus crocodilus, a sizable gamefish for the family members Belonidae.
- Any tiny shark of the genus Galeus or Mustelus, which there are several types, once the smooth houndfish (Galeus canis), of Europe and The united states; -- called in addition houndshark, and dogfish.
- A shark regarding the genus Scylliorhinus and some similar species. See dogfish
- also known as hound.
- A species of belonids regarding the genus Tylosurus, for instance the T. jonesi (Bermuda) and T. acus.
- The bluefish, Pomatomus saltatrix, formerly labeled as blue houndfish in Massachusetts. See cut-under bluefish.
- The Spanish mackerel, Scomberomorus maculatus, formerly called speckled houndfish in Massachusetts.
- A name put on fishes regarding the genus Tylosurus, especially to T. raphidoma and T. acus, both of the West Indies.
Sentence for "houndfish"
Synonym for "houndfish"
Variant for "houndfish"