- A direct and immediate telephone linkup, especially between heads of government, as for use in a crisis.
- A telephone line that provides quick and immediate access to a source of data or assistance: "This 24-hour hot line has . . . volunteers available to speak with callers about personal issues” ( Ny).
- Alternative spelling of hotline.
- a primary telephone line between two officials
Sentence for "hot line"
Hypernym for "hot line"
Urban Dictionary for "hot line"
- an emergency telephone range or quantity