- A sweet bun marked at the top with a cross of frosting, typically consumed during Lent.
- A bun, made with yeast and containing spices, currants and candied good fresh fruit, with a cross marked on the top, traditionally eaten on Good Friday in Christian countries.
- A bun or cake marked with a cross of icing, and intended to be eaten on Good Friday; labeled as additionally cross-bun.
- moderately nice raised roll containing herbs and raisins and citron and decorated with a cross-shaped sugar glaze
- Definition for "hot cross bun"
- Hypernym for "hot cross bun"
- Variant for "hot cross bun"