- A veterinarian for ponies.
- A type of sucking worm, Haemopis sanguisuga, bigger than the normal leech.
- A large blood-sucking leech (Hæmopsis vorax), of European countries and Northern Africa. It attacks the mouth and mouths of horses.
- A farrier; a veterinary physician.
- a less effective European leech (Hæmopis vorax), generally assaulting the membrane that lines the interior of the lips and nostrils of creatures that beverage at swimming pools in which it lives.
- A large leech, as Hæmopsis sanguisorba or Aulastoma gulo.—
- A horse-doctor, veterinary physician, or farrier.
- An inveterate beggar or dun; an extortionate person; a person who tends to make incessant demands or drafts upon another.
- any of several big freshwater leeches
Sentence for "horse-leech"
- Instruct me, some good horse-leech, to…
Synonym for "horse-leech"
Hypernym for "horse-leech"
Same Context for "horse-leech"