- any one of several submerged flowers of the genus Ceratophyllum, developing branched masses in quiet water and achieving finely dissected, whorled leaves and min unisexual flowers.
- A bryophyte with a leafless thallus described as a dominant gametophyte phase of life pattern and a sporophyte stage formed like a horn.
- An aquatic plant (Ceratophyllum), with finely split leaves.
- An aquatic plant of genus Ceratophyllum, the single types of which, C. demersum, is typical in ponds and sluggish channels in most parts of the world. See cut under Ceratophyllaceæ.
- liverworts with slender hornlike capsules
- any aquatic plant regarding the genus Ceratophyllum; kinds submerged masses in ponds and slow-flowing streams
Sentence for "hornwort"
Hypernym for "hornwort"
Cross Reference for "hornwort"