- A seal (Cystophora cristata) of north seas, having a grayish, spotted layer and an inflatable hoodlike or bladderlike pouch approximately the nose. Also referred to as bladdernose.
- An arctic seal, Cystophora christata, notable the fleshy bulge on its forehead and nose.
- medium-sized blackish-grey seal with large expansive sac regarding head; of Arctic and north Atlantic seas
- a big North Atlantic seal (Cystophora cristata). The male features a large, inflatible, hoodlike sac upon the top. Called also hoodcap.
- Definition for "hooded seal"
- A seal (Cystophora cristata) of north seas, having…
- View More
- Hypernym for "hooded seal"