- regarding, designating, or described as a tail fin having two symmetrical lobes expanding from the end for the vertebral column, as in most bony fishes.
- Describing the symmetric end of a fish that two lobes extending from the end for the vertebral line.
- Having the tail nearly or rather shaped, the vertebral line terminating near its base; -- opposed to heterocercal.
- having a symmetrical tail that extends beyond the end of the vertebral line (as in many bony fishes)
- In ichthyology, having the caudal fin shaped as to its top and under halves: opposed to heterocercal. See heterocercal, diphycercal, hypural.
Sentence for "homocercal"
- These are the even-lobed, or homocercal…
Same Context for "homocercal"