Definition for "holt"
Sentence for "holt"
Rhyme for "holt"
Same Context for "holt"
Variant for "holt"
Urban Dictionary for "holt"
- a tragic small location in farmland…
- Archaic A wood or grove; a copse.
- a little little bit of woodland or a woody slope; a copse.
- The lair of an animal, particularly of an otter.
- A piece of woodland; specifically, a woody slope.
- a-deep hole in a river where there is protection for fish; also, a cover, a hole, or hiding location.
- A wood or woodland; a grove; an orchard.
- A hole; a burrow; particularly, a-deep hole in a river for the defense of seafood.
- A dialectal variation of hold.
- A contracted as a type of holdeth, third person singular current indicative of hold.
- 3d pers. sing. pres. of hold, contr. from holdeth.