- that will obtain diet with no intake of meals
- Wholly or distinctively vegetable.
- obtaining nourishment as green flowers do
- Resembling closely a regular green plant in mode of diet: said of an animal, as an infusorian: correlated with saprophytic, and in opposition to holozoic.
- In botany, having the character of a whole plant in point of nutrition; autotrophic: said of ordinary green plants in the place of parasites and saprophytes.
Antonym for "holophytic"
Etymologically Related for "holophytic"