- Any of various products regularly fasten anything firmly.
- Biology An organ or structure of attachment, especially the basal, rootlike formation through which particular seaweeds or other algae tend to be mounted on a substrate.
- anything to otherwise where an object is firmly fastened.
- A root-like construction that anchors aquatic sessile organisms, like seaweed, other sessile algae, stalked crinoids, benthic cnidarians, and sponges, into substrate.
- some thing familiar with secure and hold positioned something else, as a long flat-headed nail, a catch a hook, a clinch, a clamp, etc.; for this reason, a support.
- A conical or branching human anatomy, in which a seaweed is attached with its support, and differing from a root in that it's not specifically absorbent of dampness.
- what is used to secure and hold one thing set up; a catch; a hook; a clamp.
- Support; hold.
- The root-like organ of accessory produced by most of the algæ. Also haptere and rhizoid.
- discipline that attaches to something or holds some thing positioned
- Holding fast; company; steady.
Sentence for "holdfast"
Synonym for "holdfast"
Hyponym for "holdfast"
Hypernym for "holdfast"
Same Context for "holdfast"