Definition for "hoary"
Sentence for "hoary"
Quotes for "hoary"
- "The hoary joke in the literary…"
Synonym for "hoary"
Rhyme for "hoary"
Equivalent for "hoary"
Etymologically Related for "hoary"
Form for "hoary"
Same Context for "hoary"
Variant for "hoary"
- Gray or white with or just as if with age.
- Covered with grayish tresses or pubescence: hoary leaves.
- therefore old concerning encourage veneration; old.
- white or grey as we grow older
- of a pale silvery grey.
- covered with brief, heavy, grayish white hairs; canescent
- remote in time past
- moldy; mossy; musty
- old, or antique
- White or whitish.
- White or gray as we grow older; hoar.
- remote with time past.
- Moldy; mossy; musty.
- Of a pale silvery grey.
- Covered with quick, dense, grayish white hairs; canescent.
- covered with fine whitish hairs or down
- showing faculties of age, particularly having grey or white tresses
- White or gray with age: as, hoary hairs.
- Figuratively, remote over time past: as, hoary antiquity.
- 4. Musty; moldy: as, hoary breads.
- In botany and entomology, covered with short, heavy, grayish-white hairs; canescent.