- A theory that events tend to be determined or influenced by problems and built-in processes beyond the control over people.
- A theory that stresses the significant influence of history as a criterion of value.
- Art & Architecture The deliberate use or revival of historic types in modern works.
- Philosophy the scene that historical times should always be studied without imposing anachronistic kinds of assessment.
- A theory that activities tend to be impacted by historical conditions, as opposed to by individuals.
- the application of historic types in modern art.
- a technique of explanation in Christian eschatology which tries to connect Biblical prophecies with real historical events and symbolic beings with historic persons or societies.
- a theory that personal and social occasions are dependant on history
Sentence for "historicism"
- He criticized what he called historicism,…
Hypernym for "historicism"
Etymologically Related for "historicism"
Same Context for "historicism"