- Covered with rigid or rough hairs; bristly: hispid stems.
- Covered in short, stiff hairs; bristly.
- Rough with bristles or minute spines.
- Beset with rigid hairs or bristles.
- (of pets or plants) having rigid coarse hairs or bristles
- Hairy; harsh; shaggy; bristly.
- especially— In botany, having strong hairs or bristles; beset with stiff bristles.
- In entomology, closely covered with small angular prominences; rough with minute spines or very rigid bristles.
Sentence for "hispid"
- These include the Sumatran striped rabbit,…
Synonym for "hispid"
Equivalent for "hispid"