- person who works entirely for payment, particularly an individual prepared to do for a fee tasks considered menial or unpleasant.
- an employee who's hired, often to execute unpleasant jobs with little autonomy
- an individual who does a job strictly for the money, in the place of out-of fascination with the job it self
- one that is employed, or whom acts for wages; esp., one whoever motive and desire for offering another are completely gainful; a mercenary.
- a person who is employed or serves for wages: now used only in reprobation or contempt, such as def. 2.
- A mercenary; one who acts only with a view to reward or material benefit.
- a person who works only for money
- Serving for hire or earnings; venal; mercenary.
- Serving for wages; used by cash or any other settlement; venal; mercenary.
- Synonyms Mercenary, etc. See venal.
Sentence for "hireling"
Synonym for "hireling"
Hypernym for "hireling"
Same Context for "hireling"