- The scar on a seed, such a bean, suggesting the purpose of attachment toward funiculus.
- The nucleus of a starch whole grain.
- The area whereby ducts, nerves, or bloodstream enter and then leave a gland or organ.
- a person's eye of a bean or other seed; the level or scar during the point of accessory of an ovule or seed to its base or support.
- The nucleus of a starch grain.
- A depression or fissure whereby ducts, nerves, or blood vessels enter and leave a gland or organ. Also referred to as porta.
- a person's eye of a bean or any other seed; the mark or scar within point of accessory of an ovule or seed to its base or assistance; -- labeled as in addition hile.
- The section of a gland, or comparable organ, in which the arteries and nerves enter; the hilus.
- In botany, initially, a person's eye of a bean; for this reason, the level or scar on a seed from split from its placenta.
- In zoology and physiology, some component or thing like hilum of a seed, as a scar, pit, recess, or starting for entry or exit.
- the scar on specific seeds establishing its point of attachment towards the funicle
- (structure) a depression or fissure where vessels or nerves or ducts enter a bodily organ
Definition for "hilum"
Sentence for "hilum"
Hypernym for "hilum"
Same Context for "hilum"
Variant for "hilum"