- Exceedingly lofty or exalted: high-flown a few ideas in regards to the history of Christianity.
- Highly pretentious or inflated: high-flown rhetoric.
- pretentiously eloquent; highly figurative
- lofty, extravagant, refined
- Elevated; happy.
- Turgid; extravagant; bombastic; inflated.
- pretentious (especially with regard to language or ideals)
- of large moral or intellectual value; elevated in general or style
- Raised to a higher pitch; raised; elated.
- Enthusiastic; extravagant; bombastic.
Sentence for "high-flown"
- He collects antique Samurai swords, has…
Synonym for "high-flown"
Equivalent for "high-flown"
Same Context for "high-flown"