- Biology A protective case, addressing, or framework, such as a plant bud, in which an organism stays inactive for cold temperatures.
- Biology The protection of a hibernating pet.
- The place where a hibernating dog shelters when it comes to cold temperatures
- A bud, situation, or safety covering that a plant uses to endure the difficult ecological conditions during a dormancy period.
- A winter bud, where the rudimentary vegetation or flower, by many bushes when you look at the temperate zone, is shielded by closely overlapping scales.
- only a little situation for which particular pests pass winter months.
- Winter residence or abiding location.
- Same as hibernacle, 1.
- In dot., any part of a plant which shields an embryonic organ during the cold winter, as a bud or bulb. Also hibernacle.
- In zoology: among the winter season buds of a polyzoan; an arrested and encysted polyzoön-bud with the capacity of surviving winter months and germinating inside following spring.
- The false opercule or pseudoperculum of a snail.
- Definition for "hibernaculum"
- Biology A protective case, addressing, or framework, such…
- View More
- Sentence for "hibernaculum"
- Institute of Arctic Biology, University of…
- View More
- Etymologically Related for "hibernaculum"