- any one of different simple sugars, particularly glucose and fructose, which have six carbon atoms per molecule.
- A sugar or saccharide containing six carbon atoms.
- Any member of a team of sugars containing six carbon atoms into the molecule. Some are widely distributed in general, esp. in ripe fresh fruits.
- A simple sugar (monosaccharide) containing six atoms of carbon.
- a monosaccharide which has six carbon atoms per molecule
Sentence for "hexose"
- Harden and Young also demonstrated that…
Hyponym for "hexose"
Hypernym for "hexose"