- Having dissimilar leaves on one plant.
- Having leaves of various kinds upon similar plant
- Having leaves in excess of one form for a passing fancy plant.
- In botany, having two different types of leaves on the same stem, as Potamogeton heterophyllus, which has wide floating leaves, with slim leaves submerged in the liquid.
- In Zoöl., regarding or obtaining the characters regarding the Heterophylli, as an ammonite.
Sentence for "heterophyllous"
- Descriptive botanists recognise this occurrence in…
Form for "heterophyllous"