- one of the verse types traditionally utilized in epic and remarkable poetry, specially:
- The dactylic hexameter in Greek and Latin.
- The iambic pentameter in English.
- The alexandrine in French. Also known as heroic meter.
- some of several kinds of verse found in epic or remarkable poetry
- See under Heroic.
- a verse type suited to the treatment of heroic or increased themes; dactylic hexameter or iambic pentameter
- the verse of heroic or epic poetry, being in English, German, and Italian the iambic of ten syllables; in French the iambic of twelve syllables; plus in classic poetry the hexameter.
Definition for "heroic verse"
- one of the verse types traditionally utilized in…
Hypernym for "heroic verse"
Cross Reference for "heroic verse"