- A beam or club equipped with iron surges, and turning on a pivot, always block up a passage.
- A beam or club armed with iron surges, and turning on a pivot; -- accustomed stop up a passage.
- In heraldry, a hedgehog.
- In fort., a beam armed with iron spikes pointing outward, and turning on a pivot like a turnstile, always guard a passage.
- sort of wooden horse set with spikes or points, previously made use of as a military punishment, at fault becoming mounted upon it.
- The discipline so inflicted.
Sentence for "herisson"
- Moi j'adore celle avec le herisson…