- The conversion into a substance resembling the liver; circumstances regarding the lungs when gorged with effused matter, so that they are no longer pervious into the air.
- Impregnating with sulphureted hydrogen gas.
- Conversion into a substance resembling the liver; circumstances regarding the lung area when gorged with effused matter, in order that they are not any much longer pervious on air.
- Consolidation of substance or structure, since the lung area in pneumonia, resulting in a liver-like solidification.
- The work of impregnating with sulphureted hydrogen gasoline.
- In addition spelled hepatisation.
Sentence for "hepatization"
- _The course of croupous pneumonia_ is…
Cross Reference for "hepatization"