- A decorative stitch frequently bordering a hem, as on a handkerchief, created by drawing out a number of parallel threads and getting collectively the cross threads in uniform groups.
- Needlework for which this stitch is used.
- an embroidery stitch where synchronous threads are attracted collectively in teams
- The decorative at risk of a hem in linen or cotton materials, produced by drawing out a few threads operating parallel into the hem and getting together in groups those operating one other way.
- a stitch which parallel threads tend to be attracted and revealed threads are caught collectively in groups
- embroidery much like drawnwork
- To ornament or embroider with hemstitches.
- To ornament in the head of a diverse hem by drawing-out various parallel threads, and fastening the cross threads in successive little groups.
- to sew or embroider applying this stitch
- To ornament with a hemstitch.
- Definition for "hemstitch"
- A decorative stitch frequently bordering a hem, as…
- View More
- Sentence for "hemstitch"
- Verb Forms for "hemstitch"
- Hypernym for "hemstitch"
- Form for "hemstitch"