- A nonmoving element of a machine or power tool that aids a revolving part, for instance the spindle of a lathe.
- A part of a device (including a lathe or drill) that aids a rotating part
- A beam that supports a bell
- A clamp that restrains a cow because of the throat
- The element of a guitar that keeps the tensioning screws of this strings
- The part of a lathe that keeps the revolving spindle as well as its accessories; -- also known as poppet head, the exact opposite matching part being called a tailstock.
- The part of a planing device that supports the cutter, etc.
- See Headstock.
- In machinery: The framing regularly offer the gudgeons of a wheel.
- In a lathe, the framework which aids the live spindle, that the work is chucked or dogged, as distinguished through the tail-stock, which supports the lifeless spindle; the live mind.
- The transverse member which forms the termination of the under-frame of an American railroad-car.
- The central frame of a spinning-mule, containing the operative process of this machine.
- The wooden cross-beam to which a bell is bolted and which serves as the pivot on which it swings. Also known as stock.
- the stationary support in a machine or power tool that aids and drives a revolving part (as a chuck or even the spindle on a lathe)
Sentence for "headstock"
- Recently cultivated strains of moustache such…
Hypernym for "headstock"
Same Context for "headstock"
Variant for "headstock"