Definition for "heading"
- The name, subtitle, or subject that really stands…
Sentence for "heading"
Quotes for "heading"
- "I think Operation Smile is in…"
Synonym for "heading"
Phrases for "heading"
Rhyme for "heading"
Hypernym for "heading"
Cross Reference for "heading"
Form for "heading"
Verb Stem for "heading"
Urban Dictionary for "heading"
- the particular definition of heading is…
Sports Dictionary for "heading"
- The name, subtitle, or subject that really stands at the very top or beginning, at the time of a paragraph, page, or chapter.
- this course or direction for which a ship or plane is going.
- A gallery or drift in a mine.
- the termination of a gallery or drift.
- The title or topic of a document, article, section etc.
- The course into which a seagoing or airborne vessel's bow is pointing (evident heading) and/or the way into which it really is moving relative to the bottom (real heading)
- The work or state of one which, or whatever, minds; formation of a head.
- what stands during the mind; title.
- information the minds of casks, drums, etc.
- A gallery, drift, or adit in a mine; the vein above a drift.
- The end of a drift or gallery; additionally, the working face at the end of a tunnel, gallery, drift, or adit from where the task is advanced.
- The expansion of a line ruffling over the type of stitch.
- That end of a stone or stone which is provided outward.
- The act or procedure of supplying with a head: because, the heading of a pin or of a barrel.
- whatever appears at the mind; specifically, a title; a caption: as, the heading of a paper.
- Material to form a head, as wood for creating the minds of casks.
- The foam on liquor.
- A preparation of equal parts of alum and green vitriol, utilized in brewing.
- In dressmaking: The upper edge of a flounce or ruffle which projects above the line stitched from the dress, etc.
- Any narrow braid or cutting put in the head of a flounce, ruffle, edge, or other trimming.
- In lace-making, the edge of the lace on the side sewed toward gown, whether as a part of the look or in the form of an independent braid.
- In fireworks, the particular unit of a rocket, specially when used as an indication: as, a star-heading.
- A driftway or passage excavated within the line of an intended tunnel, forming a gullet when the males work.
- In coal-mining:
- plural In placer-mining, the size of gravel over the head of sluice.
- In brickwork, a row or span of headers; a heading-course.
- The molding above a door or a window; a head-mold.
- Homespun fabric.
- begin to see the herb.
- the direction or path along which anything moves or along which it lies
- a line of text providing to indicate exactly what the passageway below it really is about
- a horizontal (or nearly horizontal) passageway in a mine
- Present participle of head.