- In direct confrontation or dispute at close quarters: The two brothers moved at it head-to-head. It was a head-to-head competition all the way.
- organized in a line with all the minds next to each other: The bunk beds had been put up head-to-head.
- working close collectively in identical way; neck-and-neck: The ponies went mostly head-to-head.
- dealing with one another.
- Directly, one-to-one.
- even or close in a race or competitors or contrast
- Direct, one-to-one.
- inconclusive concerning result; close or simply in a race or contrast or competitors
- concerning two people; intimately personal
Sentence for "head-to-head"
- In short head-to-head tests, five instruments…
Cross Reference for "head-to-head"