- alternate spelling of hawksbill.
- A sea turtle (Eretmochelys imbricata), which yields the best quality of tortoise shell; -- called in addition caret.
- The caret, or hawk-billed sea-turtle, Eretmochelys imbricata. It really is from this turtle that tortoise-shell is obtained, Also called hawk's-bill. See cut-under Eretmochelys.
- A pair of pliers with curved nostrils, used to hold pieces in soldering these with a blowpipe.
- pugnacious exotic ocean turtle with a hawk-like beak; source of meals additionally the most useful tortoiseshell
Sentence for "hawkbill"
Hypernym for "hawkbill"
Equivalent for "hawkbill"