- A bag carried over one shoulder to move products, as on a hike.
- a tiny, strong case continued the rear and/or neck, typically with only 1 band. Initially made from canvas.
- oat-sack, or nose-bag for a horse.
- A bag for oats or oatmeal.
- A bag or instance, frequently of stout fabric, in which a soldier holds their rations whenever on a march; -- distinguished from knapsack.
- A gunner's instance or case accustomed carry cartridges from ammunition upper body towards piece in loading.
- A sack for oats or oatmeal.
- A bag employed for keeping the food that a soldier carries on his individual, as you or more times' rations. It is usually carried by a belt slung across neck.
- In artillery, a leather case accustomed carry cartridges from ammunition-chest towards the piece in loading.
- a bag carried by a strap on the straight back or neck
- Definition for "haversack"
- A bag carried over one shoulder to move…
- View More
- Sentence for "haversack"
- But Clem, after looking round suspiciously…
- View More
- Synonym for "haversack"
- Hyponym for "haversack"
- Hypernym for "haversack"
- Cross Reference for "haversack"
- Same Context for "haversack"