- A passage or an opening causing a hold, area, or basement.
- A ladder or staircase within a hatchway.
- a way of passing through a wall or flooring, having a hatch (especially on a ship); a doorway with a hatch versus a door
- A square or oblong opening in a deck or floor, affording passage from 1 deck or story to another; the entrance to a cellar.
- A square or oblong opening in the deck of a ship, affording a passage from a single deck to some other, or in to the hold or lower apartments. See hatch, n., 3.
- The opening of any trapdoor, such as a floor, roof, or roofing.
- an entrance built with a hatch; especially a passageway between-decks of a ship
- Definition for "hatchway"
- A passage or an opening causing a hold,…
- View More
- Sentence for "hatchway"
- Synonym for "hatchway"
- Hyponym for "hatchway"
- Hypernym for "hatchway"
- Same Context for "hatchway"