- A comb for separating flax materials.
- A comb familiar with separate flax materials.
- An instrument with lengthy metal teeth emerge a board, for cleansing flax or hemp from tow, hards, or coarse component; a kind of large brush; -- labeled as also hackle and heckle.
- a musical instrument composed of lengthy iron teeth emerge a board, used in cleaning flax or hemp from the tow and hards, or coarse part; a hackle or heckle. Also hetchel.
- a comb for dividing flax materials
- to split up (flax fibers) with a hatchel.
- to-draw through teeth of a hatchel, as flax or hemp, in order to split up the coarse and decline parts through the good, fibrous components.
- To tease; to be concerned; to torment.
- to separate your lives (flax materials) with a hatchel, or comb.
- brush with a heckle
- to-draw, as flax or hemp, through the teeth of a hatchel, to split up the fibre through the difficult or coarse elements of the plant; hackle or heckle.
- ergo To tease or vex by sarcasms or reproaches; heckle.
- In addition hetchel.
Sentence for "hatchel"
Synonym for "hatchel"
Verb Forms for "hatchel"
Hypernym for "hatchel"
Variant for "hatchel"