- A species of the sub-family Murinae (old-world rats and mice).
- a very little European industry mouse (Mus minutus). It creates a globular nest from the stems of grain as well as other flowers.
- a rather small murine rodent or mouse, Mus minutus, abundant in European countries, nesting in whole grain, and so specially observable in harvest-time. It is one of the very smallest of mice, being about 2¼ ins in length, with a tail almost for as long.
- tiny reddish-brown Eurasian mouse inhabiting e.g. cornfields
- any of a few tiny greyish New World mice inhabiting e.g. whole grain fields
Hypernym for "harvest mouse"
- View More