- an extended, thin foot, carried (this is certainly, created or expanding) ahead, such as puppies.
- an extended, thin base, transported (that is, produced or expanding) ahead; -- said of dogs.
- A tree (Ochroma Lagopus) of this West Indies, having the stamens united somewhat by means of a hare's base.
- The base of a hare; a foot resembling a hare's base.
- A swift-footed person.
- The ptarmigan, or any species of the genus Lagopus: so called considering that the densely feathered foot resemble those associated with the hare. See first cut under grouse.
- A long, slim foot, carried ahead, such as is found in some dogs. V. Shaw, Book for the Puppy.
- In botany: identical to avens.
- Same as hare's foot, 1.
- illegitimate child of Canute who seized the throne of England in 1037 (died in 1040)
Sentence for "harefoot"
Hypernym for "harefoot"