Definition for "hardy"
- becoming in powerful and sturdy a healthy body.…
Sentence for "hardy"
Synonym for "hardy"
Phrases for "hardy"
Rhyme for "hardy"
Hypernym for "hardy"
Cross Reference for "hardy"
Equivalent for "hardy"
Same Context for "hardy"
Variant for "hardy"
Urban Dictionary for "hardy"
- becoming in powerful and sturdy a healthy body. See Synonyms at healthy.
- Courageous; intrepid.
- Brazenly bold; audacious.
- Capable of surviving bad circumstances, such as for instance winter or insufficient dampness. Pre-owned specifically of cultivated plants.
- Having tough actual energy; inured to weakness or hardships. A hardy plant is one that can withstand the extremes of weather, eg frost.
- Bold; brave; stout; daring; resolute; intrepid.
- Confident; packed with guarantee; in a bad sense, morally hardened; shameless.
- powerful; company; compact.
- Inured to exhaustion or hardships; powerful; effective at stamina
- Able to endure the cool of cold temperatures.
- capable survive under unfavorable climate conditions
- having rugged physical power; inured to fatigue or hardships
- invulnerable to worry or intimidation
- A square-shanked chisel that fits into a square opening in an anvil.
- A blacksmith's fuller or chisel, having a square shank for insertion into a square gap in an anvil, labeled as the robust gap.
- A blacksmith's fuller or chisel, having a square shank for insertion into a square hole in an anvil, labeled as the sturdy hole.
- In blacksmithing, a chisel or fuller having a square shank for insertion into a square gap in an anvil.
- United States slapstick comedian whom played the pompous and overbearing member of the Laurel and Hardy duo whom made numerous movies (1892-1957)
- English novelist and poet (1840-1928)
- Bold; intrepid; daring; confident; audacious.
- needing or imparting nerve, vigor, and stamina; that must definitely be done boldly or energetically: because, a hardy exploit; sturdy professions.
- powerful; suffering; with the capacity of resisting weakness, difficulty, or exposure: since, a hardy peasant; a hardy plant.
- Synonyms Stout-hearted, courageous, valiant, bold. See note under hardihood.
- Hale, powerful, sturdy, tough.
- To become sturdy, daring, or audacious.