Definition for "hardly"
Sentence for "hardly"
Quotes for "hardly"
- "I came here as a practical…"
Synonym for "hardly"
Phrases for "hardly"
Urban Dictionary for "hardly"
- a.) the opposite of easilyb.) with…
- To almost no degree; nearly maybe not: i really could scarcely hear the speaker.
- Probably or almost definitely maybe not: "Easily was a person made an infidel, but scarcely might he be changed into another trust” ( T.E. Lawrence).
- With seriousness; harshly.
- With great difficulty; painfully.
- solidly, vigorously, with strength or exertion.
- Harshly, severely.
- With trouble.
- hardly, only just, nearly maybe not.
- In a difficult or hard fashion; with difficulty.
- Unwillingly; grudgingly.
- hardly; hardly; nearly; perhaps not completely.
- seriously; harshly; around.
- with confidence; hardily.
- Certainly; certainly; certainly.
- virtually maybe not
- only a tremendously limited time before
- perhaps not lightly or tenderly; about; severely; unfavorably; inimically.
- By work; with difficulty.
- Not quite or entirely; only roughly; hardly: as, it really is barely strong sufficient; which hardly real.
- scarcely; narrowly; very nearly never: as, extremely little; hardly ever.
- Not probably; with little likelihood: as, he can hardly come to-day.