- A woody plant (Spiraea tomentosa) of eastern united states, having leaves with rusty down on the undersides and spikelike groups of little, rose-purple blossoms. Also called steeplebush.
- A plant, the steeplebush.
- A very astringent shrub (Spiræa tomentosa), common in pastures. The Potentilla fruticosa can also be called by this name.
- A low shrub, Spiræa tomentosa, with woolly leaves and pods, and dense terminal panicles of rose-colored or white flowers. Also called steeplebush.
- The hop-hornbeam, Ostrya Virginiana.
Sentence for "hardhack"
- By the time I got back…
- View More