- one which hardens, especially a substance added to varnish or paint so it can have a harder area or finish.
- one that, or whatever, hardens.
- A chemical material added to one thing to solidify it; utilized especially with paints, varnishes and resins.
- One who, or what, hardens; specif., one that tempers tools.
- person who or what tends to make hard or higher fast and small; particularly, one that brings cutting instruments or resources to the necessary temper; a temperer.
- In photography, a chemical, such as for instance alum, that is put into the fixing-bath within the creating of gelatin negatives. It stops the dissolving associated with the film in the sunshine.
Sentence for "hardener"
Rhyme for "hardener"
Same Context for "hardener"