- A sweetmeat of boiled brown sugar or molasses with almonds, flavoured with orange or lemon liquid.
- A sweetmeat of boiled brown sugar or molasses fashioned with almonds, and flavored with orange or lemon liquid, etc.
- A sweetmeat made from boiled brown sugar or treacle with blanched almonds, and flavored with all the juice of lemons, oranges, and/or like: some sort of taffy.
- a British sweet fashioned with molasses and butter and almonds
Sentence for "hardbake"
- Certain glistening squares of sticky white…
Hypernym for "hardbake"