- A medieval business guild or trade association.
- A league; a confederacy.
- A society or combination of merchants in mercantile cities, for defense and center of trade and transportation.
- A Mediaeval French guild.
- The German Hanseatic league; Hanse.
- That section of an elliptical or many-centered arch with the faster radius and immediately adjoins the impost.
- An association; a league or confederacy.
- A league; a confederacy; a society or mix of merchants in mercantile towns, the defense and center of trade and transport. At the center ages French gilds had been called hanses.
- Specifically [capitalized] The German Hanseatic league.
- See hance.
- regarding the Hanse or German Hanseatic league.
- [capitalized] Pertaining to the Hanse or German Hanseatic league: as, Hanse cities.
Sentence for "hanse"
Synonym for "hanse"
Cross Reference for "hanse"
Urban Dictionary for "hanse"