- Geology The mass of stone overlying a mineral deposit in a mine.
- Geology The overlying block of a fault having an inclined fault jet.
- The area of rock that expands above a diagonal fault-line (the equivalent reduced area becoming the footwall).
- top of the wall surface of an inclined fault
- the top of wall of willing vein, or whatever hangs across miner's head whenever working in the vein.
- Definition for "hanging wall"
- Geology The mass of stone overlying a mineral…
- View More
- Hypernym for "hanging wall"