- A wrestling hold where the opponent's supply is drawn behind the back and twisted up.
- Overwhelming dominance that is difficult if not impossible to overcome: "has preserved its hammerlock on the business largely because of its reputation for quality” ( Fortune).
- A hold, in wrestling, in which an opponent's supply is twisted up behind their back; an armlock
- a wrestling hold where adversary's supply is twisted up behind their straight back
- Definition for "hammerlock"
- A wrestling hold where the opponent's supply is…
- View More
- Sentence for "hammerlock"
- Hypernym for "hammerlock"
- Same Context for "hammerlock"